1-their perceived American look
2-All black business or semi casual
3-Punk Rock look
To the left is a picture I took with a couple of people just walking by, they all flash the peace sign whenever taking a picture. But they really enjoy Americans, even thought we had no idea what each other were saying, we just smiled, bowed and moved on. It was difficult to get around because English is spoken in some restaurants but almost nowhere else. so to call a taxi is impossible unless you have the address to where you are going written down.
The other funny thing about Tokyo is that you will find many older American star's selling almost everything on big billboards. here is an example.
If you have ever seen the Bill Murray movie "lost in translation" it is filmed in Tokyo at the Hyatt and also in a neighborhood called "roppongi" which is full of restaurants and bars and shopping.
Tokyo is very spread out, I went to the top of the Hyatt to take some pictures that I you will see here. At night the scenery is incredibly beautiful the lights go on for as far as you can see. and Like NY they have a times square, but the difference is that there are 10-15 of them. This picture shows typical advertising which is everywhere, and also the Tokyo version of central park.
also I rode the subway, and just like the YouTube videos, you really are packed in there like a sardine, people actually sleep standing up on the way to work on the subway because the people are so close they are held up by everyone standing next to them. I laughed because for the first time in my life i was able to ride public transportation and I was one of the tallest people on the train!!!! I also went to see the busiest intersection in the world. over 1.5 million people go thru it each day
Here is the intersection when cars are passing. I will add a video i took of it when people are moving thru. I took this video at about 2pm on a Friday afternoon when everyone was at work but still busy. I was surprised at the amount of American restaurants you find in Tokyo, any name brand you want is probably there, the obvious of McDonald's and burger king, but also Friday's and olive garden.
I recommend everyone make it to Tokyo one time in your life, it is something to see, and the food is good as well, I am a sushi fan so I had no reservations about eating there, I just didn't understand that you eat the same food no matter what time it is........takes some getting used to.
No comments:
Post a Comment