Monday, December 19, 2011

First Day in the pool

I was a little nervous about getting in the pool today, Not because I can't swim...I got that covered. LOL

It was because I really don't know how to train for swimming, I purchased a swimming for triathlon program that included a video and that helped and gave me a few drills to work on. I started by doing the drills as a warmup and then worked on turning my hips with each stroke and breathing. I ended up swimming 600 meters which was 200 more than I ever did in a workout. I felt good and the feeling I got from accomplishing this was great. I will be spending 3-4 days a week in the pool until july. I should be much better soon.

I followed that up with a 2 hour ride on my regular road bike and avg 136 HR for 2 hrs I was very happy with that as well, I worked on form and pedaling technique since the effort was so low.

my goal is 11HRs of training this week. 2.5 down!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment