Thursday, November 20, 2008

Guam

My trip to Asia was a business trip, we were giving seminars to all armed forces branches in Asia on communication and security technology. I was there to help our sales team with logistics and customer support.

My trip to Asia started in Guam. The flight there went from Phoenix at 7am to San Francisco a 2 hour flight with a 2 hour layover. Then on to Tokyo a 10 hour flight, and a 6 hour layover in the Narita Airport to catch a 3.5 hour flight to Guam that got into Guam at 1AM local time. which is 8am Phoenix time the Next day......So it took me over 1 day of travel just to get there. When I arrived in Guam I wasn't tired because my body was telling me it was time to get up. I layed down for about 4 hours and then woke up to eat breakfast with the the rest of the group I was traveling with.

The Tokyo airport is really big and really modern, there are machines everywhere where you can buy everything from a small television to a local beer. All the shops sell Candy. here is a picture of a display in one of the candy shops.

Since Guam is a US territory, you really looks like what I imagine Hawaii would have looked many years ago. The local areas are underdeveloped but the main road thru town has most of the normal shopping that many come to expect at any vacation destination. Such as Hard Rock Cafe, Gucci, Prada Etc..

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Guam for the 4 days we were there and it was very nice. The shoreline is beautiful and the water is really clear. The only problem is that the Water is ALWAYS over 80 degrees .... So it may look like it going to be refreshing but it is as warm as a bathtub....That was very surprising to me, but I love the ocean so I got in anyway.........

Here was the view from my room:

The people in Guam are very nice. But the service there was not very good. This has become a vacation destination for the Koreans and the Japanese because of the beauty and the low cost to travel and stay on Guam.
Hope you like the pics. Next I will post Seoul South Korea. It was my favorite city visited on this trip.

1 comment:

  1. Wow
    rough life!!!
    how are you guys handling guam
    i think we are running it through
    california

    ReplyDelete